Scope of Position
This position is responsible for the educational program and social activities for elementary school aged children at FUMC. This position will connect with children and their families to help engage them in ministry and grow disciples of Jesus Christ and actively share His love with others. He or she should be a self-starter and have a strong love for children.
• Recruit families and children to engage in discipleship activities.
• Exemplify Christian character through teaching, prayer, honesty, integrity, and spiritual discipline.
• Teach UMC beliefs, doctrines, traditions, and social principles.
• Develop and implement fun, safe, age-appropriate lessons and activities in person and online centered on Christian education.
• Engage in outreach and building community by connecting FUMC children with children-related programming in the community.
• Support FUMC children by attending school events and various kid’s activities (athletic games, recitals, etc.) outside of church.
• Plan, design and implement special children’s events to help attract children and families to connect with First Church.
• Recruit and train family members and other volunteers to help facilitate children’s ministry experiences.
• Lead yearly training (with Youth Minister) regarding Child Protection Policy.
• Plan and develop the Children’s ministry budget.
• Train and schedule acolytes.
• Partner and work collaboratively with Pastor and other church staff.
• Assist and perform other related duties as assigned.
• Previous United Methodist Church procedures and protocols preferred.
• Degree in Elementary Education, Christian Education or commensurate experience preferred.
• Previous Children’s Ministry experience preferred.
• Ability to share own Christian experience in healthy and inviting manner.
• Strong verbal and communication skills including the ability to share God’s love to all children.
• Strong organizational, creativity and event planning skills.
• Ability to create new areas of ministry and equip leaders to help.
• Willingness to grow in his or her field of expertise.
• Patience and strong love for children.
Job type: Part time; up to 15 hrs/week.
Pay: Salary negotiable, depending upon experience and/or education.
If interested, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org